2018 RESOLUTIONS

Sunday 14 January 2018

Happy Sunday! ☺️  Just an update about my previous post: I PASSED!!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰  I mean, it wasn't great... but at least I passed! Thank you, God. πŸ™πŸ»

Anyway, let's talk about resolutions. A lot of people make them at the start of the year, but fail to follow them through till the end; I am guilty of doing that myself. πŸ™ˆ  However, 2018 will be different. I know everyone says that too lol, but I am adamant in making this change.

I will be turning 22 this year, which scares the crap outta me to be honest. I realised I'm getting old, therefore it is time to really start getting my shit together. 2018 will be a year of self-improvement; it will be filled with personal growth: physically, mentally and spiritually.


My New Year's Resolutions 

 πŸŒΈ Grow closer to God πŸŒΈ
- Most important of them all. Over the past few years, I haven't been as close to God as I could've been, and I'd like to change that.
To do that: I've already started doing a couple of devotion programmes, and I aim to start reading the Bible this year.

🌸 Pass all my exams πŸŒΈ
- If possible, with flying colours. I really don't want to stay in Maastricht longer than I have to.

🌸 Get the university I want for my exchange semester abroad πŸŒΈ
- I'm still deciding between the US or Canada, but US is currently my first choice.

🌸 Enjoy my trips to Korea and Bali πŸŒΈ
- There are plenty of hurdles I have to jump through to get to that.
To do that: I have to first complete my QM3 course assignment before Korea, and lemme tell you this, it ain't easy with this course coordinator. 

🌸 Travel to more countries πŸŒΈ

🌸 Go to Tomorrowland πŸŒΈ
- I'm still deciding on this, what do you guys think? Should I or should I not go?

🌸 Be more organised with my time and schedule πŸŒΈ
- So I can use my time to the maximum capacity.

🌸 Schedule more ME time πŸŒΈ

🌸 Get into the International Case Competitions Team πŸŒΈ
- Last November, I received an email from one of my professors congratulating me for being one of the top 2nd year business students, and inviting me to apply for a special skills training course. I was of course over the moon, and sent in my CV and motivation letter.
- So basically what a case competition is, is a competition where you are given a case, and a specific amount of time, then you and your team are supposed to come up with a solution and some possible recommendations for a company to tackle that "problem".
- After the first round of selections, I'm currently down to the top 24, but in a few days, we will have an encounter session, and only the best 16 will be in the final team. They will represent Maastricht University to compete in different countries across the world, against the crΓ¨me de la crΓ¨me. I am super excited omggggg, but also nervous and scared at the same time. 😬  I really really reaaaaallly want this and I hope I get in. Pray for me guysssss!

🌸 Get an internship πŸŒΈ
- Still unsure as most internships require you stay for a minimum of 3 months but the longest break my uni gives is only a maximum of 2 months.

🌸 Work out more πŸŒΈ
- Not only do I want to lose weight, but I also want to gain some muscle.
To do that: I signed up to join a kickboxing class. Just had my first lesson on Friday and it was really fun! My body is freaking sore right now though due to my lack of exercise.

🌸 Eat clean and healthy πŸŒΈ
- During my first year of uni, I was cooking at home everyday so I made it a point to eat clean. But after coming back from Malaysia, I sorta lost the momentum coz the food here sucks. 😭  Missing my nasi lemak, chicken rice, laksa, Klebang coconut shake..... πŸ’”  I'm gonna do this, then reward myself with some heavenly Malaysian food when I go back.
To do that: Only buying healthy food ingredients so I won't be tempted to eat anything else, also meal prepping and eating on time. I'm currently trying the 16-8 intermittent fasting.

🌸 Become more social πŸŒΈ
- To building friendships, connections and networks this year. Also, to spend time with good friends who bring me up and are always there for me, and to stay away from toxic people who only want to push me down. Life is too short to waste my time on people like that.

🌸 Write more πŸŒΈ
- My aim is to blog AT LEAST ONCE but preferably TWICE a week.

🌸 Plan ahead πŸŒΈ
- Start thinking of my future career, where I wanna end up, and how I can achieve that.

🌸 Get out of my comfort zone πŸŒΈ
- I wanna do things that challenge me this year, things that I find uncomfortable coz I'm not used to it. This way I'll get to grow and gain experience.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs